Step-by-step guide on how to withdraw assets from Vertex.
In this tutorial, you will cover how to withdraw assets, including:
- Initiating a withdrawal.
- Selecting the asset to withdraw.
- Entering an amount.
- The information displayed and Health Check.
- Completing the withdrawal.
There are two ways to withdraw assets on Vertex:
- 1.Clicking on a Withdraw button and using the pop-up.
- 2.Directly in the Control Center.
Both avenues follow the same steps. For the purpose of this tutorial, we will use the pop-up example. However, we will explain how to initiate the Control Center withdrawal at the bottom.
- Press on any Withdraw button in the app:
- On Portfolio Overview.
- In the Actions drop-down (3 dots) on the Assets and Balances tables.
- A pop-up will appear.
- Click on the asset drop-down and select the asset you’d like to withdraw.
- The Available amount is your current max withdrawal for that asset.
- If you press withdraw on an Asset or Balance table, the pop-up will start with that asset selected.
- You can do so by manually typing the exact amount in the entry box.
- OR click on a % button, which will automatically populate a % of your Available amount.
- The Withdraw button would appear active if you entered a valid amount (blue).
- If you enter too much – you won’t be able to continue, and a message will appear.
- → You have the option to borrow and withdraw instead. Learn more.
- Available: your current max withdrawal. This won’t always equal your balance. Instead, it is the amount of the asset you have deposited minus what’s currently in an open/current order or is needed to maintain the margin.
- ~$: this is the value of the withdrawal calculated using the current Oracle price.
- Vertex Balance: this is your current total balance for that Asset in Vertex. By entering an amount, you will see the change that happens in your account.
- Click on the Withdraw button.
- Confirm the withdrawal in your wallet.
- You will receive a notification once you are done.
Usually, the Vertex front-end will instantly update balances after a withdrawal. However, sometimes it can take a few moments for the app to reflect balance changes due to indexing on-chain information.