Walkthrough of the steps to deposit supported assets into Vertex.
In this tutorial, you will walk through depositing assets into Vertex:
- Initiating a deposit.
- Selecting the asset to deposit.
- Entering the amount.
- The information displayed on the app.
- Interpreting the Health Check.
- Completing the deposit.
On Vertex, there are two ways to make a deposit:
- 1.Click on a Deposit button – opening a modal.
- 2.Directly in Control Center.
Both avenues follow the same steps. We will use the Modal for the example and share a summary of how to use the Control Centre at the bottom.
You will need to click on a Deposit button which can be found throughout the app:
- Portfolio Overview (top right).
- Asset Tables (to the right of each row).
- Balances Subpage (in each balance row).
- Spot Trading Balances Table (under the chart).
- Mobile – Deposit will always be at the bottom of your screen.📱
- Press on the asset drop-down.
- Select the asset to deposit.
- The “Available” tells you how much of that asset you have in your wallet.
If you press deposit on an Asset in a table, then the deposit will automatically start with that asset selected.
- Enter manually by typing the amount in the entry box.
- Click one of the percentage buttons to deposit that percentage of your wallet balance.
- IF you have enough of that asset in your wallet to deposit, the button below will turn green.
- IF you entered more than you have, you will be notified and will need to reduce the amount.
→ Available: What you have in your wallet. This is the max amount you can deposit. If you are depositing ETH, make sure to leave some to pay for gas.
→ ~$: The $ value of your deposit, based on the current Oracle price.
→ Vertex Balance: This is the current balance of the asset you are depositing. It would display the before and after changes in real time if you were to complete the deposit.
- A purple Approve button will appear.
- You'll be prompted to set a spending cap - this is the max amount of the given asset you are able to deposit into Vertex without needing to approve again.
- Sign the approval in your wallet
- After the approval is completed, it's time to deposit.
- Press the green deposit button.
- Confirm the deposit in your wallet.
The Control Center aims to provide users with easy access to account management. Depositing using the control center follows the same flow and displays the same information. The only difference is that no modal will appear.
To deposit using the Control Center:
- Simply click on your wallet in the top right.
- The Control Center will appear.
- Make sure you are on Deposit, not Withdraw.
- Follow the same steps as 1 - 5.